Friday, July 01, 2005

good-byes - from Debbie


From: Debbie Zimmer
Date: July 1, 2005 3:53:30 AM CDT
To: Carla
Subject: good-byes


Well, today was the last day of camp for one group of youngters. they were about 6 - 12 years old. Lots of quick hugs but no tearful goodbyes like at the orphanage. They all have families and are well taken care of but I will miss seeing their little faces. Next week we expect around 15. They will be young teenagers. Many will be unchurched we are told so the stories may be new to them. Hopefully the craft time will be less hectic.

Poor Art. Trying to get a 6yr. old to tie a lanyard about did him in. The noise level may be more to his liking as well.
During our devotion time today a pretty brunette came up to Ken and asked to see him in her room later. He said "ok". I raised an eyebrow at him. Turns out she's the doctor. I told him that would make my e-mail.

We went to a cell group bible study last night. About 13 of us crowded around a table filled with food. Made me feel right at home. I can't quite find the right words to describe how it felt to read God's word together in different languages but still feel a real unity. People of course asked if we were coming back. All I could say is that I would like to but we would see how God leads and I would tell them the story of how I came to be on this team. I quess that's the hardest part. The not knowing if we will ever see these new friends again this side of heaven. Lunch is near and my stomach is getting used to 3 course meals.
Paka,
Debechka





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?