Thursday, June 30, 2005

Let it rain - from Debbie

From: Debbie Zimmer
Date: June 30, 2005 7:46:11 AM CDT
To: Carla
Subject: let it rain


Last night we went to do street ministry in a park by Vera's apartment building. Gary had warned us that we might be surrounded by youth asking questions about America. Sounded rather intimidating. I was hoping for rain so we wouldn't go. Turns out so was Gary and Art. No rain. We went.


Gary was giving his testimony to a large group and I noticed some young girls come up behind me. I went to them to say hello and pretty soon I was doing the evangecube to about 7 plus one old woman. I had an interpreter. One girl in particular, Christina, seemed anxious for me to finish and ask the question. When I asked if anyone wanted to ask Jesus into their lives and be friends with God, she quickly and enthusiastically said yes. I even tried to discourage them from answering if they were not sincere. One girl seemed to be dragging her friend along. But Christina seemed anxious to 'get on with it.' So after some discussion we prayed and I had them all tell me out loud that they believed in Jesus for forgivenes of their sin. It was as if nothing else was going on. Pretty soon Gary came up behind me and let me know it was time to go. I now have 7 new sisters in Russia and they have one in Texas. I took names and gave Christina my address. She speaks english fairly well. This morning we were discussing how good it was that God didn't have it rain even though we wished for it. "Oh yes it did" I said. "His Spirit was raining down on that park that night." We got back to town and celebrated with ice cream. I bought. Although I had to ask for a loan from Ken, cause I didn't bring any money.
By the way, you can send messages to the team or me personally at
xxxxx@xxx.xxx (Editor's Note: Removed email address)
ps.
I don't know if Carla or Vera has the address for rfunburk, but they would like to be removed from the list. Thanks. Doing a bible study tonight at Yessentuki church. I hope they don't want to discuss predestination or anything to heavy.
God is Good.
Debbie





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?