Thursday, June 16, 2005

Jumping off day - from Ken

From: Kenneth Briden
To: Ken and Vera Briden
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:27 AM
Subject: Jumping off day

Today is jumping off day, and I can hardly wait -- to put today in the history books. We leave our home in Bolivar at 9 a.m. and will arrive at our hotel in Kislovodsk, Russia, some 25 and a half hours later. That's not an exciting day, no matter how you slice it. That period of time, of course, includes all the driving time to and from airports as well as sitting in airports waiting for the next flight. I don't want to wish my life away, but I'm already looking forward to June 18.

This is going to be a great mission trip. I'm sure of it, because satan has been working extra hard on me the past few days. I sure welcome your prayers. In fact, please take a few minutes when you receive this to say a little prayer for our mission. I am dead tired already, and we haven't even begun yet.

I meet Art, one of our team members from Oroville, CA, in Chicago tomorrow. Gary, from San Jose, CA, and Debbie, from Austin, TX, will meet us in Kislovodsk a week later.

Looking forward to what He has in store.

Ken





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?