Wednesday, June 29, 2005

from Debbie

From: Debbie Zimmer
Date: June 29, 2005 4:29:55 AM CDT
To: Carla
Subject: from Debbie


There are so many things I'd like to take pictures of and show you but I'd probably get in trouble. Like the man taking off his pants to wash them in the fountain, the policemen with the funny hats etc. 3rd day with the kids today. I think the newness is wearing off. Although we are still well received, they are acting more like normal children. Crowd control is an issue sometimes. Did some home visits the last couple of days. Met some nice older women who were very appreciative of our visit and the food we brought. Ken and I went together and Gary and Art did the same.

Yesterday, Gary and I went to see Maxim. He is crippled because of back surgery gone bad. But he is a Christian and has a great attitude. He loves America, especially rock & roll and cowboy stuff. Gary brought him a vest and sherrif badge. He'll probably sleep in it. He was a great encouragement to us. Everyone we visit wishes us good health and success. Gary presented the gospel at the kids camp today. Several kids stood up but you're not sure if it is sincere or just to please us. One of the boys, 10 yrs.old?, is our coworker's brother and as far as he knows has never prayed to receive Christ before. Slava Bogu! Gary and I wandered around the open air market looking for crayons and paperclips. We found one box of clips. It was dusty and kind of beaten up, but it's what we needed. Thanks God.
Pam, did I leave my SD card there? I think I remember puttng it in a safe place, but trying to remember what I did with it is driving me crazy. It's almost time for another 3 course meal. I don't think I'll be losing weight here. Gotta go

Time's up.

Paka,Debbie





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?