Monday, May 16, 2005

Saturday, May 14, 2005 – from Ken

Thanks for all the positive comments about the e-reports from Russia.  It is a great feeling to know there are so many friends back home lifting up the Lord's work in prayer.  Once again, if you don't want to receive these letters, just let me know and I will take your name off the list.  I will understand.  I get overwhelmed with e-mail, too. Anyway, if you want to receive the messages from the field, I will send them to Vera and she will forward them to you BCC, so that all the recipients and addresses will not be shown.
 
We leave on June 16, returning to the States sometime in the middle of July.
 
I have a few prayer concerns I want to put on your plate at this time:
 
Number one:  Feelings about the US are rather negative at this time all around the world.  If Fox News is to be believed, and I think it is believable, there is a great paranoia in Russia concerning Americans spying on them.  I want to assure everyone that I will not be reporting anything of a sensitive nature.  I would be naive to think that anything sent out of Russia would not be read also by the KGB, or whatever they are called now.  Our mission is strictly a mission of love and of good will. 

I have absolutely no concern about anything bad happening once I reach southern Russia, where we are known, but anything can happen going through customs while entering and leaving the country.  Russia is predictably unpredictable.  Therefore, please pray for travel safety.
 
Number two:  Pray that we are able to raise enough money to take care of the expenses for the trip.  I am in the process of trying to raise $2,000 to buy some food to give to the Russian pensioners as they come and listen to the message of salvation.  I also want to raise some to buy some Russian language Bibles to give to those wanting to hear and read more.
 
Number three: The Caucasus's area of southern Russia has a large Muslim population.  Many of them are our friends.  Pray that some of them will accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
 
Number four:  Pray that God anoints our every word and action.  We travel not only as American citizens, but most importantly as ambassadors for Jesus Christ.  May we be worthy of that calling.
 
Thanks so much for caring.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?